Wednesday, September 5, 2012

First World Decor Conundrum

Thank you everyone for all the sweet words and congratulations!! It means so much to us. :)

I have a non-baby-related question to ask you.

Seeing as we're moving in TWO DAYS I'm trying to get a couple rooms decorated. One being the main bathroom, the other being the guest bedroom.

For the bathroom I'm aiming for something to this effect. The double panels to frame the bathtub. I feel like it looks so homey and welcoming.


I have had a heckofatime trying to find a cloth shower curtain with the grommets in them (in the color I want). In fact, I have had no luck. But while at TJ Maxx today I had the idea to just use curtain panels instead of cloth shower curtains. I found some in a teal color that I was aiming for. It ended up being a lot cheaper than purchasing two shower curtains, and since they aren't (hopefully) going to get that wet, they work.

So anyways, my question is: since I still plan to have a plastic shower curtain in the tub (but hid behind the curtains when not in use) do I hang two shower curtain rods??? I feel like it would look kind of funny. I got a thick brown-looking rod for the curtains, but what would I get for the actual shower curtain?

Not too sure how to go about that. Real first world problems here, people. ;)

Thank you!!

1 comment:

Kate @ The Anniversary Home said...

My mom did this in her guest bathroom. She had curtain panels and then a separate rod with the plastic curtain. But, yes, two shower curtain rods. It doesn't look too weird. The bonus is that you can pull the plastic out to dry without having to mess with the decorative one, and if the decorative one is too dark, you can pull those to the side to let in more light while you shower. Love the look btw!